The importance of experience
CGA-PAKISTAN®’s practical experience requirements are vital parts of the GAT, GAP and CGA Qualification. They provide frameworks that support sustainable improvements in workplace performance and create more motivated and valuable employees.
Practical Experience Requirement – CGA-PAKISTAN® Qualification
To achieve CGA-PAKISTAN® membership a person has to complete the CGA-PAKISTAN® exams, the Professional Ethics module and the PER (Practical Experience Requirement), which includes:
- Completing three years’ employment in an accounting or finance-related role(s)
- Achieving predefined performance objectives to the satisfaction of a workplace mentor
- Recording and reporting their PER progress.
In the highly competitive global market, combining professional experience with your education, will give you the knowledge and skills you need for a highly rewarding career.
CGA-PAKISTAN® recommends that if you are employed in a professional role, you should enroll in the practical experience requirement as soon as you become an Associate member.
The CGA program of professional studies is an integrated process of academic study, professional certification and professional experience. Professional experience in an accounting and finance environment, concurrent with academic studies is an essential component in the process of becoming a CGA. The Professional Experience requirement provides assurance that candidates have demonstrated their competency in the accounting profession.
The professional experience requirement:
- Protects the interests of employers and the general public by ensuring that CGAs obtain the required professional training
- Grounds students formalized education into the workplace, to develop an understanding of the business environment and relate the practice of accounting to other business functions and activities.
- Allows students to apply accounting knowledge learned to business problems requiring a high degree of professional judgment, problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Develops a student’s interpersonal, management and leadership skills.
- Allows students to develop and demonstrate appropriate professional ethics and values in practical, real-world situations.