There are various routes to entry to the CGA-PAKISTAN qualification and you do not need a business related degree to follow a career in accountancy.
Holders of completed recognized qualifications (post graduate, honours degree, ordinary degree, certificate, accounting technician, accounting practitioner etc.) may be entitled to various exemptions from the CGA-PAKISTAN exams.
The CGA-PAKISTAN program comprises 18 examinations, made up of a Technician level, Practitioner level and a professional level, three case studies and a fully integrated practical experience requirement. Your entry point into CGA-PAKISTAN Program will be determined by an individual assessment of your prior education and experience.
All exemptions are granted on a subject to subject basis to applicants holding a qualification recognized by CGA-PAKISTAN for exemption purposes. A pass marks must have been achieved in the assessment of the relevant subject. Passes by compensation or already exempted are not eligible.
Who is eligible for exam exemptions?
You may qualify for exemptions if you:
- Are a graduate with a qualification listed in our database of CGA-PAKISTAN accredited programs or Universities.
- Are a graduate of a degree program that is related to the CGA-PAKISTAN syllabus.
- Have a BBA, BBA hons, Bcom or an MBA or a Master’s in Accounting from any recognized local or international university.
- Are members or passed finalist of the listed accounting bodies like ICWAI or ICAP, ICMAP, ICAI, ICPAI, AICPA etc.
- Are studying or have completed a relevant qualification with another professional body.
The following qualifications are recognized and accepted by the Executive Council of the Institute of Certified General Accountants (CGA-PAKISTAN) for direct membership. A member of any of the following professional accountancy bodies along with at least Three (3) years of relevant working experience.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP)
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Institute f Financial Accountants (IFA) England.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (U.K).
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy (CIPFA) UK.
- Association of International Accountants (AIA)
- Certified Public Accountants of Ireland (CPAI)
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
- Member of any chartered accountant body.
- Member of any IFAC member body.
- Any other recognized foreign and local accountancy body.
HND, Bsc, BBA, MBA, Msc Accounting, Banking/Finance, Financial Management and Business Administration from any local and international recognized university.
Those who holds the position of Accountant – General, Auditor – General, Director of Finance & Supply, Manager Finance, Head of Audit department, Head of Department of Federal, State or Provincial and Local Government or have any high level administrative and financial position.
To confirm what exemptions you are eligible for, send your exam result transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Education & Training Department on +92 51 2228074 or Direct +92 331 5229000. Exemptions can only be confirmed and granted upon receipt of original transcripts from your college.
For the further details kindly visit our website www.cgaglobal.org