Following are regulations set by the Examination committee of CGA-PAKISTAN® . These regulations are set for the conducting the CGA Professional exam smoothly. So all the students are expected to read these rules carefully and understand it. These rules would be helpful for the students as well. We hope that you would follow the rules carefully.
- Students will not normally be permitted to enter the examination room after the first 30 minutes of the examination (including any period of reading time as appropriate) have elapsed.
- For examinations of up to and including one and a half hours in duration, no student may leave the examination during the first 30 minutes or the last 15 minutes. Strict silence must be observed at all times in the examination room.
- Students must not communicate with each other during the examination.
- All personal belongings, briefcases, bags, books, notes etc. must be placed in a designated area identified by the invigilator. Students taking open book examinations may only use books, notes, etc. specified by the examiner. Students requiring further equipment from a bag or briefcase after the commencement of the examination must ask an invigilator to obtain it for them.
- Students are requested to switch off mobile phones and place them with their belongings in the designated area. If a candidate is found in possession of their mobile phone during the examination they will be deemed to be contravening the examination regulations.
- Students are requested to ensure their watches do not chime hourly.
- Students are permitted to use silent, non-programmable calculators, unless expressly prohibited for a particular examination. Where appropriate, however, programmable calculators will be permitted in examinations where authorized by a Module Leader in accordance with the assessment regulations issued to these particular students.
- English and foreign language dictionaries are permitted in examinations. Any unauthorized material discovered inside dictionaries will be confiscated and candidates will be deemed to be in breach of examination regulations. Electronic dictionaries are not permitted in examinations.
- Students are requested to complete the attendance form and place it on the desk for collection by the invigilator. Students are required to present their SHU ID card, or alternative photo ID, as proof of identity.
- After question papers have been distributed, students may not consult the question papers until instructed to do so.
- All rough work must be written in the answer book provided. A line should be drawn through such rough work to indicate to the examiner that it is not part of the work to be marked.
- Students found copying, communicating with another student, or using any unauthorized materials may be expelled from the room. A written report on the incident will be submitted by the invigilator to the Assessment Board.
- Should any student have to leave the examination room for personal reasons, they must be accompanied by an invigilator.
- Any candidate who leaves the room unattended will not be allowed to return to the room.
- Any candidate who wishes to leave the examination early must have their script collected by the invigilator before they leave their desk.
- In the event of illness, should the candidate feel unable to continue with the examination, the student should remain seated and raise their hand to attract the attention of an invigilator?
- If the fire alarm sounds during the examination, students must follow the instructions of the invigilator. Students must leave the room in silence and must not take any papers or material from the room and must adhere to examination regulations. Students must not re-enter the room before they are instructed to do so.
- Students must ensure by the end of the examination that the front cover of the answer book has been completed, any additional sheets have been securely attached to the answer book with the tag provided and that their details have been entered on each additional sheet.
- When time is called at the end of the examination, students must stop writing immediately.
- Students must remain seated until all scripts have been collected and counted and the invigilator gives the signal to leave the room.The Education and Examination Committee of the CGA-PAKISTAN® will pursue any evidence that a candidate has cheated or failed to follow exam rules, in either letter or spirit. Any irregularity or suspected violation will be investigated. When a violation is confirmed, disciplinary actions may include, but are not limited to, disqualification of the candidate’s exam paper and a prohibition against writing CGA-PAKISTAN® exams for a specified period.