As a new CGA-PAKISTAN® student we want you to feel welcome and ready to start your studies so we hope you’ve been able to get lots of useful information from this website.
Have you been to college and now want to make the move into the world of accountancy? Graduates from related degrees, such as accountancy, business or finance, can avail of generous exemptions when studying CGA PROFESSIONAL. Non relevant degree holders are also eligible and depending on the degree, may be entitled to exemptions.
Holders of recognized qualifications (post grad, honors degree, ordinary degree, diploma, certificate, accounting technician etc.) may be entitled to various exemptions from the CGA PROFESSIONAL exams.
The CGA PROFESSIONAL program comprises 18 exams and three case studies, made up of a Technician level, Practitioner level and a professional level, and a fully integrated practical experience requirement. Your entry point into CGA PROFESSIONAL will be determined by an individual assessment of your prior education and experience.
All exemptions are granted a subject-for-subject basis to applicants holding a qualification recognized by CGA-PAKISTAN® for exemption purposes. A person would be eligible for the exemptions, if he/ she pass the relevant subject. Passes by compensation or exemption would not be entitled for exemptions.
How Soon One Can Achieve the Qualification
Generally speaking, the student determines how soon he/she can achieve the qualification. Progress is dependent upon whether you choose a part-time or a full-time study option. Most professional qualifications can be completed in a minimum of three years. However, students are encouraged to go at their own pace.
Why CGA PROFESSIONAL?
- CGA-PAKISTAN® membership allows you to call yourself a CGA-PAKISTAN® Certified General Accountant and use the globally respected designatory ‘CGA’ letters after your name, highlighting the quality of your achievements to colleagues, clients and employers.
- It represents one of the world’s most highly-respected finance and business qualifications and symbolizes your technical excellence and professionalism.
- Your membership also allows you access to a wide range of events, technical information, career support, networking opportunities and much more.
- CGA-PAKISTAN® is one of the leading accountancy bodies, with members and students worldwide.
- We provide flexible study options including part-time, weekend, distance and e-learning in approved educators around the country.
- We have employers in our Approved Employer Program, including financial institutions, IT companies, consultant firms etc.
- CGA-PAKISTAN® has international agreements with accountancy bodies in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, India and Lithuania, so our members’ qualifications travel with them.
- CGA-PAKISTAN® is one of the first accountancy bodies in on track to achieve gender parity.
- CGA-PAKISTAN® is the first accountancy body in Pakistan to introduce mandatory Continuing Professional Education, to ensure our members are always at the peak of their profession.